Wisconsin and Minnesota Clean Air Choice teams battled it out this week to see who could pump more E85 in two hours at two locations on the WI and MN border. With Alice in Dairyland’s help pumping E85, Wisconsin won the battle! In total, over 1,000 gallons of E85 were pumped, preventing 4 tons of emissions from entering the air. This friendly competition made a significant impact on ensuring the we all have clean air to breathe – way to go everyone!Permalink + Share This
A recent University of Nebraska study has shown that higher ethanol blends can increase engine efficiency. Here are a few facts:
- The study found that higher ethanol blends produce better energy conversion than other fuels, which means vehicles can travel farther using less energy.
- E85, a blend of 85 percent ethanol and 10 percent gasoline, improved energy conversion by as much as 14 percent compared to E10.
- When considering fuel economy, a combination of fuel efficiency and price, researchers said E85 was the best choice every time in their study.
To view the complete study, please visit http://http://tinyurl.com/ethanolstudyPermalink + Share This
Ford recently unveiled its new line of F-Series “Super Duty” trucks with engines compatible with biodiesel blends and E85. Here are a few facts:
- The new 6.7L V8 diesel engine will be able to use biodiesel blends up to B20, a mix of 20 percent biodiesel and 80 percent regular diesel.
- The new 6.2L V8 gasoline engine can run on ethanol blends up to E85, a mix of 85 percent ethanol and 15 percent gasoline.
- Both engines offer significantly improved torque, horsepower and fuel economy.