Ethanol can help in these struggling economic times. In addition to ending our dependence on foreign oil and improving the environment, ethanol is good for local economies. Here are some facts:
- In the United States, the ethanol industry has created more than 147,000 jobs.[Source: January 2005 Report from LECG]
- The nine ethanol plants in Wisconsin employ nearly 400 employees.
- A typical 40 million gallon ethanol plant:
- Generates a one-time boost of $71 million to the local economy
- Creates 33 full-time jobs at the plant
- Creates 120 jobs throughout the local economy, such as construction
- Increases household income for the community by $6.7 million [Source: Nebraska Public Power District, Employment and Other Economic Impacts Associated with the Construction of an Ethanol Production Facility, January 2005]